SMSI beat the Street’s revenue and EPS estimates. I’m going LIVE at 8PM ET to review Q3 (pros/cons and outlook).
If you missed the live broadcast, be sure to check it out later. Cheers!
p.s. Since SMSI’s IoT product release appears to be imminent, here are a few IoT industry notes I’ve gathered from a few sources…
* There are an estimated 82M families in the US, including 73M children and 46M elderly. We estimate that roughly 20% penetration would translate to a nearly $2B TAM.
* Pets represent a growing opportunity enabled by LPWA and Cat M1 technologies. There are an estimated 70M dogs and 74M cats in the US. With power optimized connectivity solutions permitting lengthy field operation, it makes these applications increasingly likely to be adopted. We believe the Pet tracking opportunity could conservatively approach $250M by 2021.
* Safety monitoring for chronic conditions such as Alzheimer’s and other special needs (nursing homes, parolees, etc.) also represent an emerging opportunity.
* By 2020, SNS Research estimates that more than 35% of all LPWA profile IoT devices will be served by NB-IoT, LTE Cat-M1 and EC-GSM-IoT networks. As of Q4’2015, SNS Research estimates the cost of a typical LPWA module to be $5-20. As of Q4’2016, SNS Research estimates the cost of a typical LPWA module to be $4-18, depending on the specific technology. As LPWA network deployments mature, we expect that the cost per module can drop down to as low as $1-2 in volume quantities.
- The Quick Investor’s Guide To SMSI
- Tracking Sprint’s Safe & Found Roll-Out On Twitter
- Videocast: AEHR 10-Q, MoviePass Update
- Does SMSI Stand For “Smart Money Speeding In”?
- MoviePass Projected To Burn $600M In 2018
- Sprint Finally Rolling Out SMSI’s Safe & Found Nationwide!
- AEHR Grows 175% — Beats On The Top & Bottom Line (Buying More)
- SMSI 10-Q Released — Strategies For Trading The Stock
- Lose 33% In 9 Months To Make 1,000% In 15?
- GAIA vs. MoviePass: CAC Shows Which One Is A True Mini-NFLX
- Buying SMSI — Today Is The Day I’ve Been Waiting For!
- SMSI: Riding A New Trend & Making Its Latest Comeback
- Mark Gomes Research
To get my posts in real-time, just follow/subscribe to my free blog.
If you only want to receive my most critical reports, simply sign up for my MailChimp mailing list instead. If you’re on that list, you will only get key articles and occasional recaps of all the work I’ve recently done.
Disclosures / Disclaimers: This is not a solicitation to buy, sell, or otherwise transact any stock or its derivatives. Nor should it be construed as an endorsement of any particular investment or opinion of the stock’s current or future price. To be clear, I do not encourage or recommend for anyone to follow my lead on this or any other stocks, since I may enter, exit, or reverse a position at any time without notice, regardless of the facts or perceived implications of this article.
I am not a financial advisor. Nor am I providing any recommendations, price targets, or opinions about valuation regarding the companies discussed herein. Any disclosures regarding my holdings are true as of the time this article is written, but subject change without notice. I frequently trade my positions, often on an intraday basis. Thus, it is possible that I might be buying and/or selling the securities mentioned herein and/or its derivative at any time, regardless of (and possibly contrary to) the content of this article.
I undertake no responsibility to update my disclosures and they may therefore be inaccurate thereafter. Likewise, any opinions are as of the date of publication, and are subject to change without notice and may not be updated. I believe that the sources of information I use are accurate but there can be no assurance that they are. All investments carry the risk of loss and the securities mentioned herein may entail a high level of risk. Investors considering an investment should perform their own research and consult with a qualified investment professional.
I wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I am receiving no compensation for it, nor do I have a business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article. The information in this article is for informational purposes only and should not be regarded as investment advice or as a recommendation regarding any particular security or course of action.
The primary purpose of this blog/forum is to attract new contacts with professional industry expertise to share research and receive feedback (confirmation / refutation) regarding my investment theses.